Thursday, September 11, 2014

God's got this.

It's been about 4 weeks since Corey and I moved to Charlotte.



In the beginning: when we first moved to Charlotte, I was so ready for new adventures. I was excited to see what it would be like at a larger market. As we started our jobs, reality set in for me, honestly I was scared, other days I just wanted to move back to Bristol. I still miss my friends and family. Some days are harder than others. My biggest problem is I'm scared of failure. I want to be able to pick up on a task and not make a mistake....but as we all know that doesn't happen and it really frustrates me. I'm the kind of person that gets frustrated so easily because I want to do better, I always end up crying. (not because I'm sad but because I'm so angry with myself)

For the past week and a half, I've been training on audio. It's been a challenge to say the least. So many mics, so many beds of music, so many things to remember. The guy training me though is so positive, some days it makes me angry, but I wouldn't want anyone else training me. He has been a light to me, a blessing really. The one thing that has stuck this week is when he said, "Don't let them steal your joy!" I had made a mistake and it really bothered me, and a couple of comments were made by other people....and instead of him getting mad at me too, he just said, "it's okay, we all make mistake, don't let them steal your joy!" (best advice ever)

So since Monday, I have been reminding myself, "I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me!"

God is good and faithful.

He has provided an amazing apartment for Corey, Wall-e and I to live in. He is continuously blessing us financially, we've found an awesome church to attend, and he has comforted me through all of the fears I've had to face, Oh and I also get to spend weekends with my husband.

Honestly, two weeks ago, I was ready to move back to Bristol, but now I'm ready to learn more, relax and know that I'm not alone in this journey.

(This is a short blog, I know, but I just needed to get that off my chest!)

"Find rest, oh my soul, in God alone. My hope comes from him!" - Psalms 62:5

Love always,
Callie Marie-McCarty Presley

No comments:

Post a Comment