Thursday, April 17, 2014

Never Grow Up..


 My friends and I have always been a little quirky. 

Mandy is loud and mischievous.
She has a beautiful soul. She's the type of friend 
you go to when the whole world turns upside down 
and there's no one around. She always has the right words
to say. And my favorite part about her is, she's a child at heart.

Cara is quiet and bold. 
She'll always stand out from the crowd. She's the
type of friend, who can tell you the honest truth
just by her facial expressions. And my favorite part
about her is, she always puts up with our crazy ideas.
(because we all know she's a goofy head too)

And then there's me, and what's not quirky about Callie?


Yesterday, my friends and I decided to have a photo shoot, with fake tattoos and crazy outfits! We had a blast! 

My favorite memory:
Cara and I are in the bathroom sticking on tattoos, Mandy's in Cara's room with a whole pack of sharpies to herself. I went into the bedroom and found Mandy drawing eye brows on Mara (Cara's dog). I will never be able to look at that dog the same. I also saw a huge drawn on tattoo on Mandy's arm that said "faith, love and ____" (I don't remember the other part) It was brightly colored. It made me giggle. 
     Lesson learned: never give Mandy a pack of sharpies and leave her alone.

Reasons why Mandy and I would make horrible models:
Mandy couldn't sit still. (which reminds me of a time, Cara and I were at Mandy's. We were going to play the game of Life. Mandy got through like one round and she didn't want to play anymore, because she got distracted by something else) She also wanted to frolic through the field, or twirl in circles (because that's what hippies do) 

I couldn't be a model because frankly I don't know how to stand. Every pose seems awkward, standing, laying down, sitting.....I even tried blowing a dandelion and I looked like a chipmunk. (and that my friends is why I work behind the camera)

Supper:
After the shoot, we went to eat. It was a little chilly so we all wore long sleeves. At the end of the meal the waiter came over and Mandy shoves the camera in his face and says, "Check this out, she got a full sleeve today." (it was a picture of me) Cara and I bust out laughing. I took my sweater off to reveal the other side of my arm, which had an arm full of Disney tattoos. He was a good sport about it, laughing and complimenting the "art work".

Ice Cream/Desserts:
After supper, we went to an ice cream place across the street. I have been wanting ice cream in a cone for months now. I got cappuccino crunch (it was the bomb dot com) chewy chocolate pieces, crunchy mysterious pieces with chocolate ice cream....oh man. So, while I'm paying I ask Cara to hold my ice cream cone, and when I look back over at her, she's casually just licking MY ice cream cone! Needless to say, I had the first drink of her frappuccino!!  While we were sitting around eating our desserts, a group of Roman soldiers walked by, I really wanted my picture with them, but no one volunteered to go with me. Another biblical character walked in, and walked right back out, I thought he stole a muffin. (random)



Needless to say, there's never a dull moment when we're together! We say things and do things that most would find immature, but I wouldn't want it any other way! I never want to grow up!!

I've been missing my friends for a while, and I'm so glad we finally got to hang out!!

Love always,
Callie Marie-McCarty Presley

"Find rest, oh my soul, in God alone. My hope comes from him." - psalms 62:5






No comments:

Post a Comment