Thursday, May 15, 2014

A best friend blog.

It utterly blows my mind, how God picks out the perfect people for our lives. Honestly, I think that God has a sense of humor....because my best friend, hasn't always been my best friend.

When I finally decided what I wanted to pursue as my career in life, and that ETSU is where I wanted to study, my parents and I took a tour of the campus. There were supposed to be 3 other people in this tour, but only one other person showed up. The other person who showed up, is now my best friend in the whole world, but at the time, I wasn't very fond of her. It was the middle of July (I believe), I was wearing blue jeans and a blue tank with stars on it and she was wearing, cute little capri shorts and a blouse. (complete opposites) At one point during the tour, she asks, "why are you wearing jeans?" (in what I remember to be a snotty tone, she says other wise) I probably wanted to smack her, we laugh about it now.

After the tour our parents suggested we exchange phone numbers, I'm sure I rolled my eyes about this idea, but we did. And the rest is history.

I definitely wouldn't have survived college without her. We endured bad grades, bad decisions, heart breaks,late night talks, driving at midnight for no reason, dance parties in our living room, numerous games of ninja, sleigh riding (on cookie sheets), running in the snow (bad idea, too many snow flakes up my nose), building snowmen, working out in the gym (I usually just sat around and watched), and everything in between.

She was definitely a God sent.

She now lives an hour and some minutes away, but we try and see each other when we can. We also FaceTime like we did tonight. And I know it sounds cheesy, but we both had our hair twisted in the same way, it made me laugh, but also it's kinda the reason I wrote this blog.

Friends come and go, but a best friend last forever. We've known each other for what? 6 years and she still puts up with my crazy personality....

(Our first semester at ESTU)



(She might kill me for this one)




She is the kind of friend who always loves...I can also trust her to keep secrets. She basically knows all of them anyway. She's the kind of friend who never judges and always, always tells you the truth (even if it is, in like a big sister, scolding type of way)...(just kidding, sorta)! She's the kind of friend who acts crazy right along side you and laughs at all your crazy ways. She's the kind of friend who listens. She's the kind of friend who I can also count on to make my day better.

And that's that...

Love Always,
Callie Marie McCarty Presley


Find rest (lay your head down), oh my soul ( the part of you that doesn't think you can survive another day), in God alone (because he is the only one who can fix our pain, our loneliness, our sickness, our negativity, our problems.) My hope (our peace, our comfort, the solution to the problem, the light at the end of the tunnel) comes from him. -Psalms 62:5








No comments:

Post a Comment