Saturday, December 7, 2013

All I want for Christmas...

"All I want for christmas..." my husband says to me...."Is an xbox 360."

And so the search began for the right xbox at the right price. And boy did I find one and I was so proud of myself.

Long story short, I tried to be super sneaky about my findings. I was going to go black friday shopping to get this xbox 360, but I found something better online. So, when I met my husband at work that night, he looked somewhat unhappy that I hadn't gone. However, Corey Presley decided to ruin my sneaky secret by "guessing" why I didn't go black friday shopping and it made me super angry.

Why?

Because I never can sneak anything past him, and I thought I had for our very first Christmas. Needless to say, I cried like a baby.

So, this friday he comes into the room and says, "Hey, I wanted to make up for guessing my christmas present, I'm going to let you have a christmas present early." I was super pumped, I sat on the couch and closed my eyes. He placed a Dvd in my hand and when I opened my eyes there sat one of my favorite girly movies, "How to lose a guy in 10 days" (Unfortunately for my husband, I already have this movie, my roommate in college gave it to me as a birthday gift) I wish you guys could have seen the look on his face. I had a good laugh about it. (it's the thought that counts, right?)

Can I just say that I am so excited for this first Christmas with my husband. Marriage life is the best. We've been tackling the UPS man, trying to hide our christmas gifts to each other(the ones we haven't given away), and trying to make our own christmas traditions.

So far we have 2:
Fixing bacon pancakes for breakfast on Christmas morning.
Decorating the tree the day before Thanksgiving.

We'll gather more, I'm sure of it.

Hopefully, none of my other gifts for him will be ruined and we'll have a very Merry Christmas.

Love always,
Callie Marie-McCarty Presley





No comments:

Post a Comment