Saturday, December 14, 2013

Lights, camera, action, FRUSTRATION....

As I sit downstairs, (waiting for Wall-e to calm down and hoping my husband can catch up on sleep before he has to be up at 3:00am). I decided to write a blog about my job. I was so very frustrated because tonight I directed the fox (which I hardly ever do) and surprise surprise there were mistakes. So, to calm myself down, here are my.....

10 things you may not know about my job:

1) I work Saturday thru Tuesdays. Saturday and Sunday I work split shifts. (5:30-8:30am and then I go back in at 2:45-11:45pm)
2) Monday and Tuesday, I am a production assistant (I run cameras mostly, but fill in on graphics and audio when needed) On weekend mornings, I direct the 7:00am morning show and in the evening I run graphics.
3) My least favorite part about working weekends (besides the fact that I'm working on the weekend) is capturing,tagging, and then filing CW promos. (I hate final cut)
4) My husband just recently got moved to weekend morning producer, I enjoy working with him, even if he challenges my directing skills.
5) I directed my first week day show, the day after coming back from our honeymoon. I was super nervous and yelled the whole time I was directing. (not because I was angry, but because when I get nervous my voice gets louder.
6) My favorite part about directing is the technical side of it. (I love when friends or family come in and I get to show them the switcher, "Wow, that's a lot of buttons!")
7) When I first started my job, I thought I wanted to be a reporter. (I found out a couple weeks later that writing news stories are harder than it seems and I do not like being in front of a camera)
8) The most frequently asked question I get about working at a t.v. station is, "When are we going to see you on t.v." (The answer is never.)
9) I hate messing up a show, even if its not my fault. (it usually is) I'm getting better at just moving forward and not holding on to the feeling of failure.
10) Even though my job stresses me out, there's never a dull moment.



Love Always,
Callie Marie-McCarty Presley

No comments:

Post a Comment